For this retreat, if you are not a Chan (Chinese Zen) practitioner, you may bring your own silent meditation/ contemplation practice. If you do not presently have a practice, or are interested in Chan meditation practice, please contact Adrian a couple of days before the retreat.
You will need to bring your own cushion if you are a floor sitter. There are chairs. Please contact me RSVP as there is limited seating available in the Salish Bldg.
If you only plan to do a half day, the morning would be preferable though not absolutely necessary. If you do come in the morning, bring a veggie lunch for yourself and enough to share with another person.
Silence is a rare treat these days. Come and bring a friend.
Contact Adrian Symonds: 250-650-9055 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug 10: 8:30 a.m to 5 p.m. – Salish House, Lewis Park Recreation Centre, Courtenay
cost: by donation, limited space, please RSVP
1. MAIN WEBSITE: Cosmos Chan Zen Community at http://www.cosmoschan.org/
2. Master Cheng Yen in Facebook;
3. Chan Community Canada at http://chancommunity.ca/
4. Listen/download audio talks from the Tallahassee Chan group at http://www.tallahasseechan.com/talks.html
5. the Western Chan Fellowship at http://www.westernchanfellowship.org/
6. How to meditate at http://chancenter.org/cmc/chan-practice/how-to-meditate/2/
7. Audio downloads at Dharma Drum http://www.dharmadrumretreat.org/teachings.php?id=av_changwen
8. Questions? Adrian at 250 650 9055; email@example.com and http://comoxvalleyzenchan.blogspot.ca/